As Docker’s Engineering Quality leader, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team charged with ensuring the quality of Docker’s flagship software meant to run on any platform. This will include overseeing infrastructure development that simulates the environments of our diverse customer community.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader who will be able to foster the growth of a diverse engineering group while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. You should be passionate and extremely knowledgeable about quality engineering and shipping software securely, infrastructure development, scripting, tooling, reporting, continuous integration, bug discovery, and automation.
- Hire, lead and manage a quality organization within Docker Engineering that is second to none
- Define and implement quality strategy across all of Docker’s products
- Deliver scalable low-maintenance software services, tools, test, and continuous deployment infrastructure
- Work with Product Management to define release requirements and plan testing strategies to meet those requirements
- Drive the quality processes with Customer Support and Customer Success
- Lead development of testing infrastructure to simulate customer environments
- 10+ years as a software engineer with operational experience leading high-performance teams in quality engineering
- Experience with Docker platform
- Excellent communication ability and language skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with customers and internal teams to define scope, targets, project plans, and deliverables
- Capacity to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to attract, lead, inspire, and mentor quality engineers
- Computer Science degree preferred
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.