The Docker IT Engineering team, based in San Francisco, is responsible for helping Docker work more efficiently and safely.
We believe IT is not a cost center, but rather a service oriented engineering organization whose job is to, "make the company go." We believe DevOps principles are essential to scaling an IT organization. You will create new systems and services that enable Dockerites to work efficiently, safely, and delightfully!
Responsibilities & Projects:
- Bring together a physically and temporally distributed workforce.
- Partner with organizations throughout the company to help them get their jobs done.
- Enable organization wide single sign-on.
- Manage AV for meetings and events that bring us closer together.
- Automate device provisioning and management that help us work more safely and efficiently.
- Build internal tools that benefit and empower the internal Docker community (e.g.: home page, seating chart).
- Experience building and scaling a well-run IT organization or the desire to part of one.
- Solid coding/scripting/automation skills (Python preferred).
- Deep knowledge of several areas of IT (e.g.: Security, networking, A/V, onboarding).
- Strong opinions on how to solve problems matched equal parts with empathy for others.
- Start up experience preferred.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision,401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.