As a member of the Core Engineering team you will help develop new versions of our flagship software meant to run on any platform. You will be responsible for custom developments leveraging these target platforms’ capabilities, and adapting and maintaining release artifacts in order to deliver a compelling experience for our users. You should be passionate and extremely knowledgeable about Docker, one of the target ecosystems, Linux internals, infrastructure development, packaging and shipping software, scripting, tooling, continuous integration, bug discovery, and automation.
- Drive development for one of our newest projects.
- Actively contribute to release engineering and our open source community.
- Level 3 support.
- 5+ years as a software engineer with operational experience.
- Operational knowledge, and solid experience with at least one of the following ecosystems: BlueMix, RHEL, VMWare, GCE, AWS, Azure
- Previous experience in Go is a plus.
- Strong infrastructure and networking background.
- Strong operating systems background.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools.
- Experience with code signing, build management tools, and package systems.
- Experience with git.
- Computer Science degree preferred.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision,401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.