October 2022 Pricing Change FAQ
What is happening?
On October 27, 2022, Docker will be rolling out the following changes:
- The list price of the Docker Team subscription will go up by $2, to $9 (annual commitment) or $11 (monthly), per user per month.
- The list price of the Docker Business subscription will go up by $3, to $24 per user per month (Business is only available on an annual basis).
- Team accounts will be limited to a maximum of 100 users. Existing subscribers with over 100 users will have until at least December 31, 2022, to upgrade to a Business subscription, with a 30% discount on the price of Business. Docker Business has the right featureset for very large teams including centralized management, SSO & SCIM, support for older versions of Docker, and volume pricing.
Why are you making these changes?
The price increase will allow us to continue to invest in Docker as developers’s #1 most-used, #1 most-loved and #1 most-wanted tool.
- In the past year we have added Docker Extensions & the Docker Extensions SDK, allowing you to back up & share your volumes, analyze your disk usageそして はるかに.
- For Business customers, we delivered pivotal features like ティッカー & SCIM support, 画像 & 記帳 access management, and VDI サポート. Over 2,000 global businesses rely on Docker Business today.
- We also shipped Docker Desktop for Linux, and hundreds of other improvements to Docker Desktop, Docker Hub, our Container Runtime, and many open-source projects (such as 綴る, ビルドキットそして containerd) with many more improvements on the way.
We know developers who build or deploy cloud apps rely on us day-in & day-out to do their jobs. We will continue to deliver you the best possible value in developer tools.
Am I affected?
If any of these changes affect you, we emailed the billing admin email address we have on file on October 11, 2022.
- If you are a Personal or Pro subscriber, you are not affected by these changes.
- If you are currently using our “5 Team users” offer ($25 with annual commitment, $35 monthly), you are not affected. Please note however that the new Team pricing will apply to you if you increase your subscription beyond 5 users starting October 27, 2022.
- If you are a Team customer between 5 and 100 users, only the pricing change affects you. We emailed next steps to the billing admin email address we had on file for your account.
- If you are a Team customer with over 100 users, both the pricing change and the user limit affects you. We emailed next steps to the billing admin email address we had on file for your account.
- If you are a Business customer, the pricing change affects you.
When do these changes go into effect?
The price changes will go into effect on October 27, 2022.
- Before that date, any Team or Business users you add will be at the current price. Starting on that date, any new users you add will be at the new price.
- On the next billing date for your account that happens on or after October 27, 2022, all of your existing users will be moved to the new price. The specific date has been communicated by email to the billing admin email we have on file for your account.
- If you have a quote in hand from Docker already, the quote will stay valid until its expiration date. Any quote edited or created after October 11, 2022 will reflect our updated pricing.
Team subscribers with over 100 users can continue to use their Team subscription until at least December 31, 2022.
- If your account is set to renew at some time between October 27, 2022 and December 31, 2022, you will be subject to the new Team price, but will be able to continue using your Team subscription until December 31, 2022. You will need to upgrade to Docker Business to continue using it past December 31, 2022.
- If your account is already set to renew after December 31, 2022, you will be able to continue using your Team subscription until your renewal date. You will need to upgrade to Docker Business to continue using it past your renewal date. However, please bear in mind that the offer for 30% off Docker Business is only valid if you upgrade before December 31, 2022.
What can I do?
- If you are on a monthly Team plan, consider upgrading to an Annual plan by October 26, 2022. This will allow you to lock in the current price for 12 months.
- If you are currently evaluating Docker Team, or thinking of joining the 2,000+ global businesses that rely on Docker Business, consider doing so by October 26, 2022, to benefit from the current prices, before they increase.
- If you are a Team customer over 100 users, consider upgrading to Business by October 26, 2022 to both benefit from locking in the current pricing, and the 30% discount for customers who upgrade to Business by December 31. This will allow you to benefit from all the features of Business for just a few dollars more than the price of Team. If you upgrade after October 26, the 30% discount will apply to the new price. Your account manager will reach out to discuss this with you, or you can proactively reach out to our sales team.