The ship has officially sailed on the 14th edition of DockerCon! From workshops, to announcements, to immersive talks and panels on cloud-native development, there’s plenty for you to catch on-demand.
DockerCon 2022 On-Demand
Watch the latest developer news, trends, and announcements from DockerCon 2022 — with over 50 sessions for developers by developers. From the keynote to product demos to technical breakout sessions with hacks, tips, and tricks, there’s something for everyone.
What’s New in Docker Desktop
In preparation for DockerCon, we poured massive development effort into feature additions for Docker Desktop — and our team shipped many enhancements in the latest version. Some quick, but mighty, highlights:
Docker Extensions Lightning Talks
Docker Extensions integrate your favorite tools and simplify workflows directly in Docker Desktop. Together with our launch partners, we’ve introduced 16 Docker Extensions you can start using today. These lightning talks showcase the useful technologies external teams have been working on.
Watch the sessions grabbing the most attention:
- Creating Production Ready Containers: What Devs Need to Know to Secure Their Containers – Evan Harris
- Quickly Creating a Production-Ready API Using FastAPI and Docker…Explained with Memes – Sebastián Ramírez
- Developer Environments in Docker – Kris Rivera
- Removing Complexity from Integration Tests Using Testcontainers – Oleg Šelajev
- Docker and Web 3.0: Using Docker to Utilize Decentralized Infrastructure and Build Decentralized Apps – JT Olio, Marton Elek, Krista Spriggs
Kelsey Hightower and Scott Johnston
There are few in the industry who’ve seen trends come and go, or development practices evolve, like Kelsey and Scott. In this fireside chat, Kelsey and Scott dissected topics ranging from reaching developer consensus to the growing complexity of software development.
See what the community is saying:
- DockerCon 2022 Recap: Docker Extensions, Linux, and 10x Engineers – Daniel Bryant
- Docker Desktop for Linux Arrives – Suparna Ganguly
- DockerCon 2022: How does network security work? – Daniel Bodky
- Docker Adds Extensions – Kay Ewbank
- DockerCon 2022: People Over Technology – Romi Mahajan
- Blockchain for Git Libraries Launched at DockerCon – Fedor Rakhmanov
Getting Started with Docker
If you need a refresher on Docker, or are a new user, the Getting Started with Docker workshop is designed to teach you the basics. This workshop covers setting up Docker Desktop, running a container, creating a basic web application with Python, managing dependencies in your projects across multiple platforms, and more.
Hear what industry experts are talking about:
- Docker Delivers Docker Extensions, Docker Desktop for Linux – The New Stack, Darryl Taft
- Docker Inc. Adds Extensions to Desktop Tool to Improve Productivity – Container Journal, Mike Vizard
- Docker Desktop comes to Linux, adds extensions SDK – InfoWorld, Scott Carey
- Docker boosts features of Docker Desktop with third-party extensions – SiliconANGLE, Mike Wheatley
- Docker, with Scott Johnston (Podcast) – Kubernetes Podcast, Craig Box