The latest and greatest content for developers.
Introducing Dear Moby
Moby has accrued a “whaleth” of knowledge over the years, and as it turns out, can’t wait to share his advice and best practices with you — the Docker community. Submit your questions for the opportunity to be featured in our Dear Moby column or videos!
News you can use and monthly highlights:
Serving Machine Learning Models With Docker: 5 Mistakes You Should Avoid – Here are a few quick tips on what to do and what not to do when serving your machine learning models with Docker.
Efficient Python Docker Image from any Poetry Project – Need to pack your python project into a Docker container? Using Poetry as a package manager? Check out how this Dockerfile can be a starting point for creating a small, efficient image out of your Poetry project, with no additional operations to perform.
NestJS and Postgres local development with Docker Compose – Modern applications demand high-performing frameworks that allow developers to build efficient and scalable server-side apps. Learn how you can use Docker Compose to build a local development environment for Nest.js and Postgresql with hot reloading.
Building a live chart with Deno, WebSockets, Chart.js, and Materialize – Here’s a quick step-by-step guide that helps you to build a simple live dashboard app that displays real-time data from a Deno Web Socket server in a real-time chart using Chart.js powered with Docker Compose.
Supporting the LGBTQ+ Community
Happy Pride! We’re always proud to swim alongside our LGBTQ+ community, colleagues, family, and friends. Learn more about eight organizations supporting the LGBTQ+ tech community.
The latest tips and tricks from the community:
- Merge+Diff: Building DAGs More Efficiently and Elegantly
- Docker Technology Enables the Next Generation of Desktop as a Service
- Kickstart Your Spring Boot Application Development
- Building Your First Dockerized MERN Stack Web App
- NestJS and Postgres local development with Docker Compose
- 9 Tips for Containerizing Your Spring Boot Code
- How to Build and Deploy a Django-based URL Shortener App from Scratch
Creating Flappy Dock
The feedback from our community has been overwhelmingly positive for our latest feature releases, including Docker Extensions. To demonstrate the limitless potential of the SDK, our team had a little fun and created a game: Flappy Dock. See how we built it and try it for yourself.
Educational content created by the experts at Docker:
- Deploying Web Applications Quicker and Easier with Caddy 2
- JumpStart Your Node.js Development
- 6 Development Tool Features that Backend Developers Need
- Build Your First Docker Extension
- Simplify Your Deployments Using the Rust Official Image
- Cross Compiling Rust Code for Multiple Architectures
- From Edge to Mainstream: Scaling to 100K+ IoT Devices
- How to Quickly Build, Deploy, and Serve Your HTML5 Game
- Connecting Decentralized Storage Solutions to Your Web 3.0 Applications
Docker Captain: Damian Naprawa
This month we’re welcoming a new Captain into our crew: Damian Naprawa. Damian started writing blogs for the Polish Docker Community to share his knowledge. His favorite command is docker sbom and he’s very interested in improving developer’s productivity.
See what the Docker team has been up to:
- Dockerfiles now Support Multiple Build Contexts
- Dockershim not needed: Docker Desktop with Kubernetes 1.24+
- Introducing Registry Access Management for Docker Business
- New Extensions and Container Interface Enhancements in Docker Desktop 4.9
- Securing the Software Supply Chain: Atomist Joins Docker
- Docker advances container isolation and workloads with acquisition of Nestybox
- Welcome Tilt: Fixing the pains of microservice development for Kubernetes
DockerCon 2022 On-Demand
With over 50 sessions for developers by developers, watch the latest developer news, trends, and announcements from DockerCon 2022. From the keynote to product demos to technical breakout sessions, hacks, and tips & tricks, there’s something for everyone.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news, blogs, tips, how-to guides, best practices, and more from Docker experts sent directly in your inbox once a month.
0 thoughts on "June 2022 Newsletter"