Develop faster. Run anywhere.
The most-loved Tool in Stack Overflow’s 2022 Developer Survey.
Telepresence for Docker
The easiest way for teams to develop & test on Kubernetes is with Telepresence for Docker. Get started today by connecting your local development environment to a remote Kubernetes cluster.
Accelerate how you build, share, and run modern applications.
18 million +
monthly image downloads
Docker makes development efficient and predictable
Docker takes away repetitive, mundane configuration tasks and is used throughout the development lifecycle for fast, easy and portable application development – desktop and cloud. Docker’s comprehensive end to end platform includes UIs, CLIs, APIs and security that are engineered to work together across the entire application delivery lifecycle.
- Get a head start on your coding by leveraging Docker images to efficiently develop your own unique applications on Windows and Mac. Create your multi-container application using Docker Compose.
- Integrate with your favorite tools throughout your development pipeline – Docker works with all development tools you use including VS Code, CircleCI and GitHub.
- Package applications as portable container images to run in any environment consistently from on-premises Kubernetes to AWS ECS, Azure ACI, Google GKE and more.
- Leverage Docker Trusted Content, including Docker Official Images and images from Docker Verified Publishers from the Docker Hub repository.
- Innovate by collaborating with team members and other developers and by easily publishing images to Docker Hub.
- Personalize developer access to images with roles based access control and get insights into activity history with Docker Hub Audit Logs.
- Deliver multiple applications hassle free and have them run the same way on all your environments including design, testing, staging and production – desktop or cloud-native.
- Deploy your applications in separate containers independently and in different languages. Reduce the risk of conflict between languages, libraries or frameworks.
- Speed development with the simplicity of Docker Compose CLI and with one command, launch your applications locally and on the cloud with AWS ECS and Azure ACI.
New to containers?
Today, all major cloud providers and leading open source serverless frameworks use our platform, and many are leveraging Docker for their container-native IaaS offerings.
A Community like No Other
Community is at the heart of what Docker does. From our Docker Captains sharing their insight and expertise, to hundreds of MeetUps around the world, to our Slack and Discourse forums for peer-to-peer support, there’s someone else out there who has been there, done that, and is eager to help.
Use your favorite tools and images
Choose a subscription that is right for you
Benefit from more collaboration, increased security, without limits… all enabled with a Docker subscription.
Check out our pricing.
See who uses Docker
Go from code to cloud securely with partners that you trust
Trust that your development pipeline workflow will work in any environment – locally and in the cloud.
Simplify the development of your multi-container applications from Docker CLI to Amazon ECS on AWS Fargate.
Seamlessly bring container applications from your local machine and run them in Azure container Instances.
Secure your containerized applications with vulnerability scanning and leverage trusted, certified images locally and in the cloud.
Easily distribute and share Docker images with the JFrog Artifactory image repository and integrate all of your development tools.