At Docker Inc., we are building tools for mass innovation that enable developers and administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications using container technology. Docker containers wrap up a piece of software in a complete file system that contains everything it needs to run: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries – anything you can install on a server. This guarantees that it will always run the same, regardless of the environment it is running in.
We think that containers and our ecosystem of services and products are the future, and will soon become ubiquitous. That's why we launched Docker, and are quickly building out a commercial ecosystem around our developer platform, including Docker Hub.
Docker Hub is the culmination of Docker’s core platform brought together with a set of cloud (SaaS) and Web Services. Designed to allow customers to “Build, Ship and Run” any application on the cloud, Hub gives its users complete freedom of choice (interoperability between cloud providers), by providing seamless end-to-end online workflows, and a complete integration of the organization’s continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes. Take a look at http://hub.docker.com for more information and details.
Convinced? Then fork the repo on Github (https://github.com/docker/docker), and have a look at the code. Like what you see? If you would like to see behind the curtain, then hit apply, and join Docker Engineering!
- Contribute to the newest Docker Hub projects (specifics to be discussed during the interviews).
- Work on Docker’s server-side applications and offerings in a rapidly evolving SaaS and Web Services environment.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects to make them happen.
- Be an ambassador for the Docker brand and Docker Hub services.
- Fluent in either Python/Django or Go! (Java/Scala polyglots also welcome).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SaaS and high scalability SOA/Web services, Distributed Systems.
- Comfortable with test driven development (TDD) and generally owns quality of code all the way to production.
- Can articulate past real world experiences scaling large SOA applications, preferably a cloud offering.
- Start up experience preferred.
- Computer Science degree preferred.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 13 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.