Jérôme Petazzoni, Docker’s tinkerer extraordinaire, has been running full day on container orchestration with the full Docker stack. The whole workshop uses a demo application using DockerCoin (not a real currency, he tells us). It’s got with web frontends, web services, background workers, and stateful data stores. This is all to give you the experience of running a full scale app in production.
You can check out the slides for the full workshop, and his code for the app.
- Deploying an application described by a Docker Compose file seamlessly to a Swarm cluster
- Adding load balancers to our application and scale it through the Compose CLI
- Manage the app using Swarm
If you have multiple screens you can even follow along and run through the exercise yourself while watching Jérôme. You’ll not only be able to deploy onto your cluster but then mimic real world operations tasks like scaling a single service and even load balance scaled services in Docker. We hope you enjoy this tutorial – and follow Jerome on Twitter to see where he travels next to reserve a seat at his next in person workshop.
Don’t forget to participate in our DockerCon ticket raffle! Share a picture or description of your Swarm with us on Twitter and tag @docker and #SwarmWeek for a chance to win a free ticket to DockerCon 2016 on June 19-21 in Seattle, WA.
Here are some additional resources on Docker Swarm:
- Get started by downloading Docker Swarm and read the docs
- Try Docker Swarm as part of Docker Datacenter
- Submit questions to Docker Forums or file issues in Github
- Contribute to the Docker Swarm project
- View the other Swarm Week Posts
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.10 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker