Each year, DockerCon brings the community together to learn, belong and contribute. With the support of Docker and our DockerCon Europe Scholarship sponsor, the Open Container Initiative (OCI) our team has created the DockerCon Europe Scholarship Program to provide members of the Docker community, who are traditionally underrepresented, mentorship and a financial scholarship to attend DockerCon in Copenhagen this year. This scholarship program aims to foster inclusivity by supporting members of our community through access to resources, tools and mentorship needed to facilitate career and educational development.
If you are interested in applying for the DockerCon Scholarship, follow the steps below:
The application process includes completing one of the five self-paced trainings along with the scholarship application form.
Complete at least one of the free self-paced courses available in the Docker Playground. These courses are intended for both Dev and Ops beginner and intermediate level Docker users. Select which course you feel best fits you.
After you’ve finished one of the courses, complete the application here. In the application, you will need to provide the name(s) of the lab(s) you completed along with the answers to the quiz at the end of the course.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, 5 September, 2017 at 5:00PM PST
A committee of Docker community members will review and select the scholarship recipients based on the completion of one of the courses and application. Recipients will be notified by the week of 18 September 2017.
What’s included if you are selected for the scholarship:
- Full DockerCon Conference Pass
- Round-trip airfare
- Hotel accommodations for 4 nights (16 October, 17 October, 18 October, 19 October )
- 1:1 mentorship session with a member of the Docker community on-site at DockerCon
- All applicants must complete at least one self-paced online course found at: http://training.docker.com/category/self-paced-online
- Must be able to attend DockerCon Europe 2017 (16 October – 19 October, 2017)
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply
- Must have a valid passport to travel to Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Learn more about the DockerCon Diversity Scholarship here.
Have questions or concerns? Reach us at email@example.com
More free Docker ressources: