Come join the growing Docker UX team! We like to make new things that excite our expanding developer community as well as our Enterprise customers. Docker is changing the way software is built, shipped and run, which means more time for UX and less time making change possible. As an Interaction Designer, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment where your design ideas matter.
This role reports to our Director of Product Design and UX and works closely with Product Managers, UX Engineers, and the Front-end team to imagine, design, iterate and produce world-class UX that will impact millions of developers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with front end engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Drive design discussions and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders, helping generate concepts and inspire peers and team.
- Understand our customers and serve as their advocate when making cross-platform design decisions.
- Assist in the planning and estimating of design activities, participating in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Prototyping designs for user research using tools, specifically Axure, and HTML and CSS from low-fidelity paper prototypes to high-fidelity clickable prototypes.
- Collaborate in planning and observing user tests and other design research activities.
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
- Create and maintain style guides and pattern libraries.
- Strong knowledge of user interfaces design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Enterprise Software and Web-based applications for developers.
- Proficient with Axure and the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as other UX design programs such as Justinmind, Freemind, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies.
- Strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5+ years experience as a key member of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Examples of client engagement management a plus.
- Experiencing working in start-up environments a plus.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.