Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch Account Executive to be a key contributor to the Inside Sales Team to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to sell a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team in our San Francisco, CA office.
In this role, you'll be responsible for uncovering new sales opportunities within an assigned territory. You will identify, nurture, and close opportunities with new and existing customers, manage pipeline and forecasts, and sell Docker solutions to our enterprise customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Docker team and external partners to identify and create solutions for our customers.
As an Account Executive at Docker, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. Docker is a place where self starters, team players, and growth oriented sales hunters come to build their careers!
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close regarding Docker’s Enterprise Subscriptions, Integration Services, and Training Services
- Fully understand and convey Docker’s value proposition as well as understand the Docker ecosystem
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas, both individually and as a team
- 3+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven attainment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with open source industry principles is preferred
- Experience working with and managing channel partners is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Application development sales experience (experience with App Dev Lifecycle, Application Integration, testing, monitoring, or platform offerings) preferred
- Experience with Linux and virtualization solutions is a plus
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.