The Director of Global System Integrators will be a key member of the team that will help fuel the growth of the company. Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy and our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will foster key partner relationships and maintain overall alignment between our partners and Docker. You will have the chance to work with the largest Global System Integrators who are already looking to broaden their partnership with Docker because of the customer demand they are seeing.
The Director of Global System Integrators will manage the partner relationship, the activities with the partner and the pipeline generated by the partnership. Your opportunity will be to leverage existing agreements and close new agreements to build a long-term business through your assigned partners. Executing on the strategy by driving the joint business we develop through our Global System Integrators will result in success.
You will have an opportunity to build and grow relationships with assigned partners like Accenture, CapGemini, Cognizant, TCS, WiPro, and managed service providers who view Containers As A Service as strategic to their business
What You Bring to the Team
- Highly motivated and results driven, customer focused, technologically and competitively savvy
- Skilled and creative business development manager with understanding for sales and channel dynamics
- Communication and collaboration to work with and influence senior internal and external relationships
- High energy, highly productive and a strong self-starter initiative and integrity.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Linux, Hadoop, Orchestration tools, Cloud Architectures, Openstack, Virtualization and application development a plus.
- Experience and contacts with given alliance partner a plus.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- 8+ years of total experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, and/or technical solution sales & marketing with a minimum of 4 years specifically devoted to business development & alliances.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate field-partnering opportunities and sponsor account/business planning events
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams mappings and assure that teams are working together on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work closely with your assigned partner sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy, aligning business goals, growth initiatives, programs and incentives.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Enable sales and technical cross-training around joint solutions.
- Establish and influence GTM plans involving partner and user group events, seminars, and awareness building activities.
- Work with respective inside sales, field, and channel marketing teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Develop and maintain sales-oriented relationships and awareness with partner’s executive leadership, regional management and key account teams.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting periodic business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities, help execute operational activities of alliance and facilitate conflict and escalation resolution processes.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Identify and encourage new opportunities for interoperability, functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Able to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to the agreed to GTM strategies jointly established.
- Minimum 8 years of Sales/Channel Management/Alliances/Programs/Account Management.
- Strong existing relationships with relevant Cloud Providers, and ISV’s Docker is partnering with.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and manage partnerships that generate revenue.
- Strong communication skills and building influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience managing in a matrix environment
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.