The Director of Strategic Alliance Sales that Docker is hiring will be a key member of the Partner Sales Team that will help fuel the growth of the company. Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy and our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will foster key partner relationships and maintain overall alignment between our partners and Docker. You will be the Docker executive that will help Microsoft position and sell Docker in combination with Microsoft’s offering.
The Director of Strategic Alliance Sales will manage Microsoft sales globally. You will manage the activities related to our GTM and the pipeline generated by the partnership. Your opportunity will be to leverage existing agreements to grow our business through Microsoft. Microsoft is among Docker’s most strategic partners. Together with Docker, Microsoft will be central to our selling success for decades to come.
You will have an opportunity to build and grow relationships within Microsoft at the executive level, and with the sales leadership, to transform the industry when customers use our combined solution to modernize their applications.
What You Bring to the Team
- Highly motivated and results driven, customer focused, technologically and competitively savvy
- Skilled and creative business development manager with understanding for sales and channel dynamics
- A deep knowledge of Microsoft’s Go-To-Market strategy
- An executive presence to direct resources within Microsoft and Docker to align to our agreed to Strategy
- An ability to combine great software with Services, Cloud solutions, and to sell those with and through partners.
- An open communication and collaboration style to work with and influence senior executives to align our sales efforts toward a shared set of goals.
- High energy, highly productive and a demonstrated self-starter.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experienced and comfortable working with a Large Global Partner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Containers, Linux, Hadoop, Orchestration tools, Cloud Architectures, Openstack, Virtualization and application development a plus.
- Experience and existing relationships with executives and the sales leadership at Microsoft.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- 10+ years of experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, with a combination of field sales, and/or technical solution sales with a minimum of 6 years specifically devoted to alliance sales.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate field-partnering opportunities and sponsor account/business planning events
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams mappings and assure that teams are working together on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work closely with your assigned partner sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy, aligning business goals, growth initiatives, programs and incentives.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Enable sales and technical cross-training around joint solutions.
- Establish and influence GTM plans involving partner and user group events, seminars, and awareness building activities.
- Work with respective inside sales, field, and channel marketing teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Develop and maintain sales-oriented relationships and awareness with partner’s executive leadership, regional management and key account teams.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting periodic business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities, help execute operational activities of alliance and facilitate conflict and escalation resolution processes.
- Own and manage the overall business plans for Microsoft and Docker.
- Capture new solution requirements and feed that back to Docker leadership..
- Facilitate roadmap and planning exchanges
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations, sales briefs, sales presentations, etc.)) that support our sales efforts and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Able to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to the agreed to GTM strategies jointly established.
- Minimum 10 years of Sales/Channel Management/Alliances/Programs/Account Management.
- Strong existing relationships with Microsoft as a Cloud Providers, and ISV’s that Docker is partnering with.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and manage partnerships that generate revenue.
- A superior ability to communicate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience managing in a matrix environment.
- Strong preference for Seattle or a San Francisco based individual.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft and VMware.