We are hiring Sales Engineers who want to talk to customers. Whether you are a developer or in operations, if you find yourself wanting to get in front of customers and help change the way they think about software, we have a job for you. We are the pre-sales Engineers leading the way for Docker, Inc. We are fundamentally changing the way our customers build, ship and run software. Our team turns change logs and pull requests into best practices and solutions for our customers every day.
We talk to customers who:
- need help getting past the buzzword bingo and understanding how Docker fits in their environment
- need advice on their existing Docker deployments and how to get the most out of it
- are transforming their development processes but have challenges that we have seen again and again
- look to us as industry experts on technology, people and process around software development
When we are are not in front of customers or partners, we work closely with product, engineering, and the broader Docker community. There is a Cambrian explosion occurring in the Docker ecosystem and we are constantly learning, experimenting, and refining our approaches.
At our core we’re generalists:
- Modern software architectures. We need to speak intelligently about the good, the bad and the ugly to help our customers make informed decisions. From Monoliths to Service Oriented Architectures to Microservices and everything else in between.
- Docker is at its heart an Open Source company. We believe that OSS is changing the world and that being good OSS citizens and building a billion dollar company aren’t at odds.
- CI/CD. Just about everyone starts with Docker accelerating their CI/CD systems. We have to know this space up down down left right left right.
- Coding chops. Docker is a product made by and for developers. Whether your poison is Go Lang, Java, Python, Ruby or even shell, it’s important for members of the field team to be capable of cracking open an editor and digging in to better help our customers
- Linux Beyond the Fundamentals. The more knowledge you have of Linux the better. System calls, iptables rules and kernel features are the shoulders on which Docker stands. Hands on with multiple distributions is a plus.
- We're a small team and doing anything manually twice is once too much. Whether it's the demo environment or support tools. Whether we're using a configuration management tool like Puppet or Chef or dogfooding our own projects like Docker Machine we're going to automate all the things.
And individually we specialize:
- Virtualization and "The Cloud". Docker helps our customers Build, Ship and Run any application anywhere. Where does your customer want to go today? (AWS, GCE, Azure, Softlayer, VMware, OpenStack, etc).
- Big Data. The motherload when it comes to distributed applications. You’ve run them or run on them
- Metrics, Monitoring, and Alerting. Experience with open-source solutions like Graphite, hosted solutions like New Relic or legacy enterprise systems are welcomed with open arms
- The original write once run anywhere tool. From development to operations you’ve got stories about maven, IDEs, application containers (the other kind), GC pauses, and how you learned to stop worrying and love the JVM
- Persistent data stores and queueing systems. Everyone needs one. Get in line
- Making the bits stop or go where we want
This role is based in the UK. Multilingual preferred.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.