Our Partner Solution Engineer will help fuel the growth of the company. Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy and our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will be part of the team that is focused on building the technical awareness of our Strategic Partner’s Go-To-Market teams. Our partners have the need to have a Docker Expert that they can escalate to for deeper technical knowledge about our platform. Our charter as a partner team is to ensure that our partners are successful when engaging small, medium and large enterprises with our technology.
The Partner Solution Engineer will work in tandem with our Director of Strategic Alliances on our go-to-market strategy. And closely with Docker's team of Partner Business Managers on the engagements to accelerate partner business globally. You will be part of a field organization that is changing the way our customers Build, Ship and Run their applications, anywhere.
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum 8 years experience working in a partner-GTM-facing, pre sales or consulting role.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Hands-on and innovative technical problem solver.
- Enablement experience (training, webinars, content generation, etc).
- Development experience a plus (scripting, application development, etc.).
- Significant Experience with Linux
- Significant Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Proficiency in some of the following areas:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- High availability and business continuity
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Microservices Architectures
- Application Modernization
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc)
- Networking fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows stack
- Some experience working with one or more of the following HPE, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Accenture, CapGemini, and or regional system integrators focused on Application Development.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work cross-functionally with internal staff and partners technical staff to align around solutions where Docker technologies are enabling customers.
- Work with the partner's field team refining Docker’s approach to the pre-sales technical and post-sales-technical engagements, focusing on customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement comprehensive demos designed to educate partners on the technical value of Docker's offerings.
- Drive partner initiatives, working in conjunction with the Strategic and Authorized partner account teams.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.