The Regional Account Executive will be responsible for driving sales of Docker products and solutions within US National Security Programs and across US Defense Solutions.
The A.E. will be quota-driven, and will represent Docker and its product suite within the region and work with Inside Sales, Solution Engineers, and Docker Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care; and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team in the region.
This person will be remotely based in the Washington, DC area.
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned territory and then meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within assigned accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Docker CRM system
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Execute product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Develop accounts of various sizes and grow client relationships
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite
- Collaborate within the Docker team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 5+ years of field enterprise software sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales in the IC space
- Domain Experience with Open Source Software, Application Development sales and tools, Cloud based solutions
- A Closer - consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Drive to expand client base and close sales
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, team player
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, "get it done” attitude
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships
- Bachelor's Degree
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.