Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a seasoned, strategic Vice President, North American Sales to lead Docker’s explosive expansion across North America. In this newly created role, you will report to the SVP and you will partner closely with the Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development and Products teams to develop and implement specific strategic plans to achieve or exceed revenue targets. This role requires expertise in selling enterprise software solutions that span the Application Development lifecycle, and the ability to articulate the Docker value proposition to both practitioners and C-suite leaders alike.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic, professional and disciplined sales leader with proven success building strong and effective sales organizations and sales processes. The Vice President North American Sales will manage a growing team of field and inside sales professionals located in the United States and Canada and will play a key role in driving Docker’s business growth across all customer segments and verticals. This person should have proven leadership capabilities, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to inspire colleagues, customers, and business partners alike with an optimistic vision of how Docker will bring transformational value to our customers.
- Define and execute a business plan for North America that meets top line bookings and business objectives
- Develop a strong portfolio of customers across customer segments and industry verticals
- Hire and retain great talent; build and grow teams (75+ field) across all regions; provide enablement, mentoring, and development opportunities for team
- Devise, implement, and refine (as needed) sales strategy that aligns with company goals; drive all aspects of the sales cycle
- Set sales targets, oversee the sales budget and operating costs and provide updated accurate sales forecasting. Assist in the creation, implementation and management of a revised sales commission plan.
- Partner with Sales Operations to utilize quantitative sales data to react to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities
- Oversee the sales enablement program to ensure sales teams are able to achieve set targets that support overall company revenue objectives
- Manage key customers and partner relationships to drive revenue growth
- Understand market competition, be familiar with competing companies and their product suites and provide feedback and recommendations to executive team
- Collaborate with the Docker team on strategy development, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 15+ years of enterprise software sales and sales management experience with a record of exceeding objectives
- Prior Executive roles leading a Sales organization of 75+ employees
- Domain experience with Open Source software and/or Cloud-based solutions
- Successful experience managing the sales cycle for high value, complex products
- Demonstrated sales leadership of dispersed teams, with all-around expertise in: people development, account development, organizational excellence, exceptional sales management, and sales operations
- Strong track record of building and leading high performance sales teams with aggressive annual growth targets
- Foresight to anticipate and create new opportunities for Docker in North America
- Creative, innovative and an entrepreneurial spirit with a bias toward well-informed action
- Desire to take ownership and accountability to achieve business results
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven, with a drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire trust and confidence. Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, professional competence, integrity and personal style.
- Resourceful team player with a "get it done” attitude; willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to travel 50% of the time