The Senior Director of Strategic Alliance Sales that Docker is hiring will be a key member of the Executive Staff in the Partner Sales Team. This position will manage a team of Senior Alliance Sales Executives assigned to Docker’s most strategic partnerships. This position will fuel the growth of the company and is a critical management role that will be driving our sales with and through assigned partner accounts. The Alliance Sales Directors you will be managing are focused on Microsoft, IBM, HPE, Cisco, Google, AWS, and other partners that are central to Docker’s overall strategy. You will be responsible for helping to shape our strategy, and be accountable for the execution across our most important strategic partnerships globally. Our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will foster key partner relationships and maintain overall alignment between our partners and Docker. You will be the Docker executive that helps our Alliance Sales Directors to align their partner strategy with Docker’s objectives to overachieve the sales goals that have been defined for your team to execute against.
The Director or Sr. Director of Strategic Alliance Sales will manage the team and partners that will be central to Docker’s growth for decades to come. Executing on a comprehensive global strategy by driving our joint business with Microsoft, IBM, HPE, Cisco, Google, AWS, and other partners will result in global sales that exceed our objectives.
One of the most important position awaits you at Docker for the right person who has a track record of successfully selling with Global Partners, and for someone who has done this by manage a team of alliance sales executives assigned to your partners.
What You Bring to the Team
- Highly motivated, results driven, customer focused, technologically and competitively savvy
- Skilled and creative sales leader with a track record of success in selling through and with large global technology company's like Microsoft, IBM, HPE, Cisco, Google, AWS, and other partners, is applicable.
- A superior ability to Communication, collaboration, work across organizational boundaries, and influence senior internal and external decision makers.
- High energy, a strong self-starter, and a passion for executing.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Linux, Hadoop, Orchestration tools, Cloud Architectures, Openstack, Virtualization and application development a plus.
- Familiarity with ACS, ECS, BlueMix, CloudFoundry, Pivotal, and a variety of PAAS offerings will be very helpful in crafting a global strategy that leverages Docker’s advantages to guarantee customers success.
- Experience and contacts with your alliance partners a plus.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- 12+ years minimum of experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, sales, and/or technical solution sales & marketing with a minimum of 6 years large global alliance partners.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate team planning sessions along with aligning your partners business plans with Docker’s objectives
- Work with the Partner and Sales Leadership to craft the strategies that will align your plans with our partnering objectives.
- Work closely with your team and partner sales management to execute on your sales strategy.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Plan for and manage your teams goals.
- Plan for and manage your teams annual and quarterly goals.
- Manage the balance of each team members focus on sales targets and strategic goals quarterly.
- Manage the onboarding of and successful integration of team members into both the partner sales team and into Docker.
- Establish and influence GTM plans involving partners to ensure we are keeping pace with the rate of our business growth.
- Plan for global scale through your partner strategy.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with executive leaders, regional sales management, both internally and with your partners.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting quarterly business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new selling opportunities and help to execute operational enhancements to improve your alliance selling velocity.
- Capture new solution requirements and review that with internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges.
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce scalable and repeatable methodologies that help our Alliance Team and our Partners scale the partner business.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape to align your strategy in a way that it creates an advantage for Docker creating a selling advantage when working with your partners.
- Define and drive the joint agreed to sales plays that align your business plans to our committed revenue back to Docker.
- Map out and execute against a comprehensive global alliance strategy across all of your assigned partners.
- Define, and refine, the joint value proposition that to align your global alliance partners selling strategy with Docker’s selling strategy.
- Able to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to the agreed to GTM strategies jointly established.
- Minimum 12 years of Sales/Channel Management/Alliances/Programs/Account Management.
- Strong existing relationships with your assigned Alliance Partners.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and manage a senior team that manages global alliance partnerships that generate revenue.
- Strong communication skills and building influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience managing in a matrix environment.
- Experience in setting and managing sales targets for alliance sales teams.
- A demonstrated ability to execute against a sales target with partners.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.