The Partner Business Manager will be a key member of the regional sales teams Go-To-Market Strategy. Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy and our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will foster key partner relationships and maintain overall alignment between your partners and Docker. You will work with our Strategic and Authorized Partners that span Strategic, Consulting, Reselling, and Service Providers who are among the most well known brands in our industry. Our team works closely with the regional partner teams who help our customers to understand, implement, and support Docker.
The Partner Business Manager will own the growth of our partner base, the activities with the partners and the pipeline generated by the partners in your region. Your opportunity will be to leverage existing agreements to build the ranks of our Authorized Partners in your region. You will play a critical role in helping the team execute on the regional strategy to help customers adopt Docker by building a quality base of Consulting, Reselling, and Service Provider partners to attain the regional goals. You will work closely with Strategic Partners which include Microsoft, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Accenture, and others on critical development activities that result in joint references, revenue, and field sales successes. You will work with Regional Sales teams and the Directors of Strategic Alliances Sales team to map your partners to your regional opportunities to overachieve your goals.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS degree required, with MBA or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- 8 years of partner strategy, business development, and/or partner management experience
- Domain expertise in the areas of Open Source Business Models, Dev Ops, Unix/Linux Market, and Continuous Integration / Design.
- A good working knowledge of how best to work with Regional System Integrators, Reselling, Consulting, and Technology partners.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills -- including self-awareness and a sense of humor -- and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with tracking and owning a channel number tied to influence and reselling of enterprise software.
- Leverages a mature partner program to the benefit of the company to build and grow a base of great partners that are proactively driving the business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand key business needs
- Own business relationships with Authorized Partners and Prospective Partners in your region
- Lead periodic partnership business reviews to identify potential areas for growth, additional revenue, and opportunities to collaborate in educating the broader market
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as partner system engineers, product management, marketing and sales to fully productize and leverage our partnerships
- Balance long-term strategic goals with short-term agility to maximize resource ROI
- Help develop, expand, and refine ongoing partner frameworks and programs
- Evangelize programmatic benefits and accelerators to enable success at your assigned partners at all levels of partner companies
- Act as a go-to internal expert about your base of partners: incentive structures, business models, product function, needs & concerns
- Initiate, expand and deepen relationships with key partners
- Identify, nurture, and grow your base of Authorized partners in your region
- Own a dashboard of metrics on your partner base to grow the pipeline your partners are working on with Docker.
- Own and drive the regional partner number for your business which includes a booking and design win number as a component of the regions
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.