Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch enterprise Regional Account Executive to be a key contributor to our Southeast Regional Team to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to sell a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team working remotely in Orlando, FL.
You will be responsible for driving sales of Docker products and solutions to enterprise customers within a specific geographic territory. You will be quota-driven and will represent Docker and it's product suite within the region, working with Inside Sales, Solution Engineers and Docker Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care; and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team in the region.
As a Regional Account Executive at Docker, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. Docker is a place where self starters, team players, and growth oriented sales hunters come to make a huge impact working on a small team!
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned territory and then meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within assigned accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Docker CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Execute product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Develop accounts of various sizes and grow client relationships
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite
- Collaborate within the Docker team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 8+ years of enterprise software sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales to Fortune 500 companies
- Domain Experience with Open Source Software, Application Development sales and tools, Cloud based solutions
- A Closer - consistent overachievement of sales goals in the specific geographic territory
- Drive to expand client base and close sales
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, team player
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, "get it done” attitude
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships
- Bachelor's Degree required
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.