Does the thought of participating in disruptive change get your blood flowing? Do you naturally gravitate to the spirited debates within open source communities on IRC? Are you ready to jump in feet-first and work with a team that's defining the next generation of computing?
Docker, the open platform for distributed apps, is looking for a product manager for its open source initiatives. In this role you'll work within one of the fastest-growing open source communities in shaping the direction of the quickly-evolving Docker platform. The role requires an individual who relishes the open dialog and debate characteristic of open source communities and possesses good product and people instincts. As a start-up in an emerging market, Docker promises that the only constant is growth and change, and successful candidates will appreciate this as a once-in-decade opportunity.
- Seek-out, understand, and represent the voice of enterprise developers and sysadmins in the broader community discussion.
- Represent and evangelize the project's direction to other functions in the company, including Sales, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Work closely with other product teams to manage cross-product dependencies.
- Engage with the open source community of users, contributors, and maintainers to discuss, debate, and define the direction of the Docker platform.
- Strong technical experience, including experience with Linux command line tools.
- Experience as a software engineer.
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as sales engineer, solution architect, customer success, etc.
- A passion for understanding users and their experiences with products.
- Preferred: experience as a contributor or maintainer in open source projects.
- Deep understanding of open source communities, their evolution, and their dynamics.
- Hands-on experience as a developer and/or sysadmin.
- BS in CS or EE, or equivalent technical degree required.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision,401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.