Docker is looking for a Product Marketing professional to join the Marketing team. This position will focus on core product marketing functions like messaging, positioning, enablement, content creation, delivery and demand generation for the enterprise product portfolio. From helping shape the strategy to partnering with cross-functional teams for successful execution, this role is critical in driving revenue across target market segments.
- Define and develop appropriate content, collateral, and programs to grow awareness, educate the market and drive successful end-user engagements.
- Develop positioning, content, and messaging that resonates with different customer personas and communicates the value of Docker enterprise portfolio
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, sales, customer success, demand generation, alliances and channel partners to develop Go-to-Market strategies and deliver successful product launches.
- Competitive analysis, messaging and tools to successfully handle objections in the sales process
- Collaborate with sales to understand the product and solutions sales cycle, motion and barriers to continuously improve and accelerate the sales cycle.
- Develop and deliver sales enablement content and tools to Docker field and partners
- Deliver engaging customer interactions with case studies, interactive events, technical assets and references that drive awareness and help accelerate sales
- Support customer visits, industry and partner events.
- Evangelize Docker enterprise products and customer adoption
- 25% travel
- 5-7 years of experience in product or technical marketing or product management with enterprise software, virtualization, container technology, cloud or distributed applications
- Strong business acumen and ability to distill input from many different perspectives to formulate a clear strategy and plan
- Technical understanding of enterprise applications and infrastructure with the ability to translate technical requirements into business value proposition and benefits
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with public speaking experience
- Self-starter, thoughtful, curious, resourceful and collaborative
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.