Docker is looking for a Head of Global Partner Marketing to join the Marketing team. This position is responsible for marketing across the revenue partner ecosystem including strategic go-to-market partners, global system integrators and the scalable network of resell, training and consulting partners. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to effectively drive strategic alignment with key partners for meaningful business engagement from the corporate teams through the customer facing teams in region.
Location flexible, San Francisco preferred
- Lead the Global Partner Marketing Team to achieve strategic marketing goals and support revenue growth through strategic, GSI and channel partner ecosystem.
- Drive marketing agenda with key sales, product and BD leadership to define partner business and marketing plans
- Lead and support the Docker strategy, planning, and timely execution of strategic marketing campaigns and initiatives, including global events, programs, thought leadership and communications with partners.
- Build and manage infrastructure, programs and processes to scale partner marketing
- Set direction and guidance for partner marketing team to build and execute results driven marketing plans
- Recruit and cultivate talent for building a world class partner marketing organization
- Incubate and cultivate net new partnership opportunities and evaluate the respective marketing impact
- Manage partner marketing team budget, co-marketing budgets, partner investments and reporting to measure ROI effectiveness and pipeline impact.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partner advocacy with a diverse set of internal and ecosystem partners, including product/marketing teams, legal, finance, support, and sales.
- 15+ years experience in product or partner marketing for enterprise software, virtualization or container technology
- Proven experience creating and building differentiated relationships and engagement with strategic partners
- Proven success in building and scaling high performance teams
- Strategic/analytical thinker and great storyteller with executive presence and the ability to communicate a compelling vision, values, and strategy for partner success.
- Proven conflict/negotiation management skills and history of building 'win-win' partnerships
- Ability to execute multiple, simultaneous marketing programs that require balancing trade-offs and high-speed tactical execution.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.