Docker is looking for an Alliance Marketing professional to join the enterprise marketing team as the lead in driving joint marketing with the Microsoft partnership. This position is critical in not only helping shape the strategy but also drives the cross functional delivery of joint marketing initiatives in market between Microsoft and Docker. The candidate will have excellent strategic marketing skills, strong business acumen and ability to influence and drive strategic initiatives across a diverse cross functional team both inside and outside of the company. This role will own the marketing success of the partnership to drive sales pipeline and revenue.
- Develop strategic marketing plan for Microsoft alliance in partnership with Docker alliance sales and product teams
- Drive joint marketing initiatives across a cross functional team across Microsoft and Docker inclusive of programs performance and ROI reporting
- Develop high value bill of materials inclusive of joint messaging/positioning, partner and customer facing collateral like presentations, blogs, training material, cheat sheets, emails and demand gen campaigns.
- Develop and execute outbound messaging and comms strategy for the partnership across thought leadership to technology leadership and uniqueness of joint solutions
- Develop joint lead gen programs and influence partner’s campaigns to drive opportunities and accelerate sales pipeline
- Work closely with regional marketing and sales leads to drive in region programs to nurture opportunities and accelerate sales cycle
- Define, prioritize and execute industry and partner events and conferences to support overall marketing plan
- Create templates and programs to scale strategic partnership through shared partner ecosystem inclusive of GSI, distribution and channel.
- This position requires approximately 25% travel
- 10+ years experience in marketing enterprise software, virtualization or container technology or distributed applications
- Previous work experience at Microsoft or in the Microsoft partner ecosystem preferred
- Strong background in positioning, messaging, defining user and buyer personas and ability to create original, high value content and programs.
- Experience with managing relationships with disparate groups and creating working teams for key initiatives, working across functions to successfully deliver programs and initiatives.
- Proven leadership skills, including decision facilitation, influencing and change management.
- Highly collaborative with demonstrated success in partnering with other marketing and cross-functional leaders both inside and outside the company to achieve goals.
- Hands on execution ability with effective project and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with public speaking experience
- Highly collaborative – able to work well with other marketing and cross-functional leaders both inside and outside the company to achieve goals.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.