Docker is looking for a highly experienced marketing leader with a track record of managing and scaling hyper revenue and customer adoption growth in the enterprise. This role encompasses disciplines around demand generation, marketing automation/operations and field marketing. The Vice President, Growth Marketing/Demand Generation will report directly to our SVP of Marketing and Community and will manage the team that is driving the strategy and creating and leading all revenue generating campaigns for the company. This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Manage and lead a team of demand generation professionals responsible for Docker’s portfolio of programs, including inbound (Website, SEO, Paid Media & Social), email marketing, and lead nurturing.
- Develop, coordinate and execute lead generation plans, programs and campaigns for new customer acquisition and to nurture and drive enhanced revenue from existing customer base. Collaborate closely with product marketing to define new campaigns as well as sales on defining, measuring and accelerating the funnel
- Take a leadership position in defining account based marketing strategies for the global 2000 which aligns with our sales team and our strategic partner selling efforts
- Drive field marketing programs that align with the collaborative GTM efforts with our strategic partners and our regional channels
- Leverage Marketo and Salesforce and other parts of our technology stack to measure, track and analyze marketing programs performance
- Craft strategies to accelerate the initial customer acquisition and then drive their expansion of Docker Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Manage marketing calendar and ensure all lead scoring and nurture programs are monitored and optimized.
- Negotiate with content, list and events vendors as well as track and manage a marketing demand generation budget
- Collaborate closely and facilitate communication between marketing and sales to achieve business goals
- Measure and improve ROI by campaign to drive investment decisions
- BA/BS required.
- 15+ years’ experience in demand generation and overall marketing, including proven success at a large software company.
- Clear track record of hyper growth that lines up with Docker’s unique trajectory
- Guide team to build and manage best-in-class demand generation programs – using the right mix of inbound, broad-based, account-based, and paid media strategies – to optimize lead-to-opportunity-to-deal funnel and drive pipeline for the business.
- Inspirational leader – someone who has ‘been there, done that’ in terms of building and inspiring high-performance teams at all levels in demand generation, digital, and field marketing.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills that align with a KPI based approach to running the revenue marketing function
- Strong experience with account based marketing.
- Highly collaborative with global sales leadership to make sure our efforts align with their revenue goals and customer acquisition targets
- Excellent communication and writing skills—ability to write tight, targeted copy and also demonstrable experience communicating forthcoming campaigns and results to sales and executive teams.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Track record of successfully managing multiple concurrent projects and consistently delivering on time.
- We enjoy working on small teams
- We trust our colleagues and customers
- We are willing and eager to learn from each other
- We are transparent thinkers and action-oriented doers
- We are passionate about what we work on and take pride in our craft
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and bottomless cups of coffee at HQ
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- WageWorks (Pre-tax parking/transit)
- Customized workstation (Apple or Windows)
- Company outings (SF Giants, Rafting, etc.)
- Soccer and Basketball team at HQ
- Happy hours, Hackathons, & Tech Talks
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.