Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch Strategic OEM Account Executive (“Strategic OEM AE”) to be a key contributor to our Technical OEM business to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to sell a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
You are a high energy, enterprise software sales professional that will be responsible for driving new business sales of Docker products and solutions to OEM Customers to support their businesses. You will be quota-driven and will represent Docker and it's product suite working with Docker’s Field Sales, Solutions Engineers, Services Team and Docker Partners to close transformational deals in strategic ISV and Hyper-Converge HW providers. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including strategy, qualification, evaluation, close and account care & growth.
As a Strategic OEM AE at Docker, you will be an expert in selling large scale transformational deals as a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. Docker is a place where self starters, team players, and growth oriented sales hunters come to make a huge impact working on a small team!
You will ideally be based on the West Coast.
- To act as Docker’s overall business leader, structuring OEM deals which include products and services, while delivering transformational business value within qualified accounts.
- Accountable for the qualification, development and execution of an overall plan to achieve Docker’s objectives within assigned accounts. Building trust and credibility at all levels within the client and internally at Docker.
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned accounts and then meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Docker CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system.
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Execute product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite.
- Collaborate within the Docker team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- 8+ years of enterprise/OEM software sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales to ISV’s and HW providors.
- Experience with personally leading and closing enterprise software and related services deals through a consultative sales approach.
- Significant experience in successfully working with and presenting to Executive/Board level in major publicly traded organizations.
- Domain Experience with Open Source Software, Application Development sales and tools, Cloud based solutions. Knowledge of DevOps, PaaS, Containers is preferred.
- Natural drive to expand and close OEM clients by selling business value.
- Experience managing matrixed team members, globally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, "get it done” attitude. Previous experience working in a start-up environment is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships.
- Team player.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.