Docker, the leading container platform for developers and enterprises, is looking for a VP of Product Management, Docker Platform Services. In this role, you will be responsible for assembling and leading a cross-functional team to define, deliver, and bring to market winning products and services that delight developers and ‘raises the bar’ in what they should expect of an application platform. This is a unique opportunity to have industry-wide impact on the next generation of applications at a truly global scale.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a high-performing product management team.
- Define and prioritize the target market segments, influencers and buyers, and customer value proposition of new opportunities for Docker Platform Services.
- Own driving product strategy, product definition, and product roadmap.
- Aggressively seek internal and external feedback to rapidly iterate on early prototypes.
- Cultivate ecosystem partners to deliver “whole product” experience for customers.
- Work cross-functionally to establish the GTM strategy and pricing and packaging.
- Lead alignment of all the resources necessary to ensure the success of Docker Platform Services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Product management experience identifying opportunities and defining and shipping cloud services products that delight developers.
- Proven success in thriving in a fast-growth startup environment characterized by lack of resources, imperfect information, quickly-changing user markets and competitive landscape, and limited structure and guidance. Demonstrated ability to rapidly and continuously iterate and learn.
- Demonstrated success at identifying opportunities, defining products, and starting businesses in early technology markets based on sparse, noisy data from a handful of early adopter customers.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other functional leaders, including product design, engineering, sales, marketing, and business development. Must be able to balance listening and talking.
- Ability to recruit, develop, and retain outstanding talent and lead a high-impact team of product managers. Experienced leading geographically distributed teams.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Windows, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.