Are you looking for an opportunity to use your product management and product marketing experience to help developers be more productive? Does the concept of changing the core of how applications are packaged, shared, deployed, and run excite you. Docker is looking for experienced product leaders to help us accelerate developer productivity and define enterprise development and application strategy for the hybrid cloud. You will use your product management savvy to research, write, and define new product and technology strategies, your product marketing and customer savvy to help define positioning and messaging, solution selling strategies, and identify and execute strategies for new growth areas, and your enterprise technology savvy to put all this together for the developer community and large enterprise technology organizations as a blueprint for application development transitions to new models.
As a product leader, you think strategically and analytically about customer business and technical challenges, and come up with innovative ideas to solve these challenges. You have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship, and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust and work cross-organizationally to deliver results. You work well in an unstructured environment where your to-do list isn't provided to you at the start of each day. You have a passion to lead from the front and influence others to follow with data and customer advocacy.
You will have deep knowledge of the enterprise technology cycle, software developer tools and processes, application development models, cloud economics, and the enterprise customer’s journey to the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you to write customer focused product specifications, product strategies, and go to market strategies. Second, you are well versed in the challenges enterprises face across people, process, and technology when implementing large-scale cloud migrations, digital transformations, and changes in development models. Lastly, you have a solid technical understanding of enterprise infrastructure and applications so that you can easily interact with IT Executives and Directors and Development Teams/Application Owners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Market and customer research to inform product and go to market strategies
- Understand customer and partner use cases and develop compelling value propositions around these use cases
- Product Ownership of 1-2 customer facing components of the Docker product portfolio
- Define and own the strategic growth plan across internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks, and action plans.
- 5+ years as a product manager on technical products targeting developers and operators
- Completion of at least 3 end to end ship cycles of impactful products with measurable results
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, especially in long form documents (not slides)
- Superior analytical skills and manipulating it towards insights, including ability to source and analyze data independently
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, computer systems, information technology, or similar
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of technologists (software developers, product managers) and business decision makers (CIO, CTO, Directors)
- High self motivation and self starting attitude and drive a must
- Ability to travel at least 20%
- 7+ years as a product manager on technical products targeting developers and operators
- Experience as a product manager building SaaS or hyperscale public cloud services, or within, or implementing technology from, a major enterprise software or infrastructure provider
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and impact
- 2+ years experience in developer tools/workflow products in a business development, marketing capacity
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.