The Partner Development Manager will be a key member of the partner team that will help fuel the growth of the company. Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy and our team is dedicated to ensuring partnership success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will foster key partner relationships and maintain overall alignment between our partners and Docker. You will have the chance to work with the largest Global System Integrators, skilled Regional System Integrators, and the most innovative Cloud Consulting Partners who are already looking to broaden their partnership with Docker because of the customer demand they are seeing.
The Partner Development Manager will manage the partner relationship, the activities with the partner and the pipeline generated by the partnership. Your opportunity will be to leverage existing agreements and close new agreements to build a long-term Partner through your assigned partners. Executing on the strategy by driving the joint Partner we develop through our business partners will result in your success.
You will have an opportunity to build and grow relationships with assigned partners like Accenture, CapGemini, Cognizant, TCS, WiPro, HCL, Regional System Integrators, Microsoft Partner Network members and Amazon Partner Network members.
What You Bring to the Team
- Highly motivated and results driven, customer focused, technologically and competitively savvy
- Skilled and creative Partner Manager with a sales and channel focus
- Communication and collaboration to work with and influence senior internal and external relationships
- High energy, highly productive and a strong self-starter initiative and integrity.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Linux, Hadoop, Orchestration tools, Cloud Architectures, Openstack, Virtualization and application development a plus.
- Familiarity with Developer, DevOps Practices, Cloud Consumption models, Software as a Service, and the Consulting Partners that provide these services is a plus.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- 8+ years of total experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, managing System Integrators and Consultants.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate field-partnering opportunities and sponsor account/business planning events
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams mappings and assure that teams are working together on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work closely with your assigned partner sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy, aligning business goals, growth initiatives, programs and incentives.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Enable sales and technical cross-training around joint solutions.
- Establish and influence GTM plans involving partner and user group events, seminars, and awareness building activities.
- Work with respective inside sales, field, and partner marketing teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Develop and maintain sales-oriented relationships and awareness with partner’s executive leadership, regional management and key account teams.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting periodic business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities, help execute operational activities of alliance and facilitate conflict and escalation resolution processes.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges with the Partners you are working with.
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Able to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to the agreed to GTM strategies jointly established.
- Minimum 8 years of Sales/Channel Management/Alliances/Programs/Account Management.
- Strong existing relationships with relevant Cloud Providers, Regional System Integrators, Cloud Consulting Partners, and Global System Integrators.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and manage partnerships that generate revenue.
- Strong communication skills and building influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.