The Professional Services (PS) Engagement Manager (EM) within Customer Success has the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest growing application platforms in the industry.
You will apply your customer facing sales, technical, consulting, and commercial experience to scope, negotiate and manage the delivery of services which enable successful adoption of the Docker platform. You will be a key leader within the Professional Services team and work collaboratively with Dockers Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Success organizations to drive services sales and delivery.
You have extensive experience in customer facing sales, technical and non-technical scoping, Statement of Work (SOW) creation, and negotiation. You have a deep understanding of what it takes to successfully deliver an IT professional services project including strong communication, expectation setting, project planning and execution skills. You are passionate about transformational technology and want to be an active participant in driving it’s adoption in some of the largest enterprise companies in the world.
We are open to candidates in San Francisco, CA
Travel - approximately 30%
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker Services are positioned and sold strategically to increase the sale and adoption of the Docker Enterprise Platform
- Docker Services are delivered effectively against scope and budget through deep project engagement, leadership key project stakeholder and execution of a project plan.
- Docker Enterprise platform adoption accelerated as a direct result of customer engagements
- Work closely with Sales, Solutions Engineering, Solution Architects, and Practice Managers to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Docker proposal
- Lead PS scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans.
- Plan and lead teams of resources involved in scoping professional services for our most complex solutions and the largest customers.
- Interface and negotiate Statement of Work with Customer and Docker legal teams
- Position and assist in the sales of Training and Technical Account Management services to ensure customer success.
- Being recognized by customers as a trusted advisor in technology adoption and enablement decisions.
- Coordinate with Practice Manager and Resource Manager to request appropriate project resources
- Transition agreed upon scope and customer expectations from sales to delivery to ensure effective project starts
- Integrate with Docker project resources and customer project teams to lead project execution
- Use agile methodologies to plan and execute assigned Docker projects, maintaining accountability amongst all project stakeholders
- Manage technical or other project related issues through internal escalation process including coordination with support, engineering, finance, professional services leadership and/or executive leadership
- Help propagate skills and experience through the development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.).
- 4+ years experience of supporting the sale of Professional Services and/or technology solutions.
- 4+ years of experience managing the successful delivery of Professional Service projects
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Can talk knowledgeably and credibly about service delivery issues, challenges, strategies, approaches, and alternatives.
- Experience as an Architect, Consultant, or Project Manager highly regarded.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premises IT landscape.
- General knowledge of software development languages, tools, and approaches.
- General knowledge of Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools.
- Technical ability to learn Docker at a Consultant level.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Project Management certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 highly regarded.
- Experience and certification with Agile/Scrum based delivery methodologies highly regarded.
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc).