EMEA Partner Development Manager
Partnerships are central to Docker’s overall strategy, ensuring success by providing differentiated offerings and solutions that customers love. You will have the opportunity to develop our Partner EMEA strategy to the next level of success, working with the largest Global System Integrators, skilled Regional System Integrators, and the most innovative Cloud Consulting Partners. You will foster and build on established relationships whilst maintaining overall alignment between our partners and Docker. The Partner Development Manager will be a key member of the Docker Global Partner team that will be critical in fueling the growth of the company.
The EMEA Partner Development Manager will manage the partner relationships, the activities with the partner and the pipeline generated by these partnerships. These activities will range from enablement, to managing joint marketing campaigns, to supporting the relevant Docker sales functions in driving joint engagements across the sales lifecycle. The key objective is to grow Docker licence subscriptions revenue whilst ensuring successful deployment and adoption through joint services engagements.
You will have an opportunity to build and grow relationships with Docker strategic partners Accenture, CapGemini, Cognizant, TCS, Wipro, assigned Regional System Integrators (e.g. ECS, Conoa, Alterway) and Microsoft and AWS Partner Network members.
What You Bring to the Team
- Skilled and creative Partner Manager with a sales and channel focus
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Strong, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with and influence senior internal and external relationships
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Familiarity with Developer, DevOps Practices, Cloud Consumption models, Software as a Service
- Experience of the Global Systems integrator and Regional Systems Integrator landscape and GTM.
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing sales campaigns within direct and channel sales models.
- Familiarity with Linux, Hadoop, Orchestration tools, Cloud Architectures, Openstack, Virtualization and application development a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Facilitate field-partnering opportunities and sponsor account/business planning events
- Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams mappings and assure that teams are working together on a pipeline of opportunities.
- Working closely with your assigned partner sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy, aligning business goals, growth initiatives, programs and incentives.
- Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate sell-to opportunities.
- Enable sales and technical cross-training around joint solutions.
- Establish and influence GTM plans involving partner and user group events, seminars, and awareness building activities.
- Work with respective inside sales, field, and partner marketing teams on demand gen initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify and co-ordinate significant corporate projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Develop and maintain sales-oriented relationships and awareness with partner’s executive leadership, regional management and key account teams.
- Define and monitor key metrics/measurement for alliance performance, conducting periodic business reviews with stakeholders.
- Identify new opportunities, help execute operational activities of alliance and facilitate conflict and escalation resolution processes.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges with the Partners.
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Proven ability to hold your partners and the people you work with accountable to jointly agreed GTM strategies.
- 8+ years of total experience in high tech business development, relationship/alliance management, managing System Integrators and Consultants.
- Strong existing relationships with relevant Cloud Providers, Regional System Integrators, Cloud Consulting Partners, and Global System Integrators.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and manage partnerships that generate revenue.
- Strong communication skills and building influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.