Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch enterprise Territory Account Executive to be a key contributor to our Northeast Regional Team to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to sell a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team working remotely in either Philadelphia, PA or Trenton, NJ
You will be responsible for driving sales of Docker products and solutions to enterprise customers within a specific geographic territory. You will be quota-driven and will represent Docker and it's product suite within the region, working with Inside Sales, Solution Engineers and Docker Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care; and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team in the region.
As a Regional Account Executive at Docker, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. Docker is a place where self starters, team players, and growth oriented sales hunters come to make a huge impact working on a small team!
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned territory and then meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within assigned accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Docker CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Execute product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Develop accounts of various sizes and grow client relationships
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite
- Collaborate within the Docker team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 8+ years of enterprise software sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales to Fortune 500 companies
- Domain Experience with Open Source Software, Application Development sales and tools, Cloud based solutions
- A Closer - consistent overachievement of sales goals in the specific geographic territory
- Drive to expand client base and close sales
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, team player
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, "get it done” attitude
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships
- Bachelor's Degree required
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.