Come join the growing Docker UX team! We like to make new things that excite our expanding developer community as well as our Enterprise customers. As a Visual Designer, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, team environment to refine the design system and create visually stunning and intuitive interfaces . This role reports to our Head of Design and works closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Front-end to produce a modern, pleasing and unified platform that will impact millions of people.
- Create clean, innovative interfaces and visual prototypes while at times providing assets for marketing materials and docker.com
- Work within the constraints of the existing brand guidelines, while pushing to evolve the visual language.
- Drive design discussions and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders, helping generate concepts and inspire peers and team.
- Understand our customers and serve as their advocate when making cross-platform design decisions.
- Assist in the planning and estimating of design activities, participating in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Produce design assets ready for production
- Collaborate cross-functionally with front end engineering, product management, and design to extend the design system
- Strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
- Understanding of design systems and accessibility standards
- Experience designing for large scale systems.
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Enterprise Software and Web-based applications.
- Awareness of accessibility standards and standard methodologies.
- Expert knowledge in graphic design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards.
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- 3+ years experience as a key member of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Motion design skills are a plus.
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.