SENIOR FRONT-END ENGINEER
The Developer Solutions Group within Docker is responsible for all our developer-focused products, including the extremely popular Docker Desktop for both Mac and Windows. We are now working on the next generation of developer tools, and we are looking for a senior front-end engineer to join our groups in either Paris or Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity to work on software for developers like you.
At Docker we take enormous pride in our work as we're constantly enabling millions of developers around the world. If you’re passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and you want to help shape the next generation of developer tools, we would love to hear from you.
Docker is not currently sponsoring non-EU visas .. please only apply if you have current and valid right-to-work status in the EU.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years as a front-end software engineer
- Strong understanding of web technologies like HTML/CSS at the specification level
- Test automation experience — unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Proven ability to learn new technologies
- Always using good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers, with UX Designers, and with Product Management
- Ability to interact with our users and customers in a way that brings credit to Docker
The following would be advantages:
- Built apps using React, Electron and Redux
- Experience with Webpack, Babel and Jest
- Experience developing desktop applications
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with a server side language, such as Go, Python, Java etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise Developer and DevOps workflows
- Experience with git
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.