Docker is looking for an inspirational product leader to help us shape and extend the way applications are built, deployed, and managed in a world run on containers. As the Product Manager responsible for Edge & IoT, you will own and drive the life cycle of new features and products from high level concept design to delivery and end of life. You will help shape the future on key areas of the Docker developer experience, including how developers build, share, collaborate on, ship, and run modern containerized apps.
We’re rapidly growing the Docker Edge & IoT platform, ecosystem, and the team, and tackling some of the biggest challenges around – your impact will reach millions of developers around the world ship and manage applications faster, more reliably, and at scale. At Docker, you and your engineering team will imagine, design, build a platform that the next generation of software developers will use to change the world. If you have the skills for the next level but haven't been noticed in your current environment, we're ready to take a chance on you .
The Edge & IoT team is looking to hire Product Managers for the Kitchener / Waterloo Ontario office. Positions are available at all levels, including new grad, junior, intermediate, and senior.
- You own the product, the revenue, and the results. No Excuses.
- You believe in and can articulate succinctly, the customer and their pain. You empathize and internalize deeply the world they live in and the constraints they work through. You live to make their lives easier.
- You love talking to customers and finding amazing solutions that solve today's problem while optimizing for tomorrow's vision.
- You love building products that are easy to adopt and use. You have a keen design sensibility, and you are always looking for ways to improve the usability of your products.
- Marketing loves your slides and positioning statements; you love their ability to make it look and sound amazing in all forums and take it to a wide audience.
- Support teams call you first when something is wrong and know you will not leave them in a lurch with a customer.
- You love to move fast, and ship stuff that matters.
- You have built enterprise and/or SaaS products and understand the challenges of running a platform at global scale.
- You've had a fantastic career building software products...your customers love you and know you by first name.
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, release-able, user valuable features.
- You can describe complex issues clearly and succinctly to someone who doesn't have a Computer Science degree.
- Knowledge of Edge & IoT products, use-cases, problems, solutions, and constraints would be beneficial.
- English proficiency preferred
What We Have To Offer
- We have a customer base you'll love because everyone has a favorite company that uses Docker.
- an awesomely smart group of people who are professionals at what they do and have fun doing it.
- Professional development and training.
- Attend conferences and working groups.
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
- Enjoy snacks, drinks, and dinners (if working late).
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision).
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.