The Sales Director Southern EMEA, will be responsible for driving sales of Docker products and solutions and developing customer relationships within the Southern EMEA ( Fr, Italy, Iberia) geographic territory. This candidate must be a sales leader, that will represent Docker, its solutions, product suite, support and services. The Sales Director will coordinate working with Inside Sales, Solution Engineers, Professional Services and Docker Partners to exceed sales objectives. This position will manage all aspects of the sales process in the region, including executive level selling, overall Regional go-to-market strategy, qualification, inspection of deals/pipeline, forecasting, assist in the negotiation and close process of deals in regions. The Sales Director will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team in the region and be key mentor and leader.
The role will be located in Paris
- Define and execute sales plans for the assigned territory and then meet and exceed quotas through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within assigned accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in the Docker CRM system, CLARI/AI tools.
- Provide activity forecasts and regular pipeline reporting through the CRM system
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support, Professional Services and sales engineering
- Understand the competitive market, be familiar with competing companies and their product suite
- Collaborate within the Docker team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- 12+ years of enterprise software sales experience with a track record of closing complex sales to Global 10K companies
- Excellent track record of building C-Level executive relationships
- Experience hiring and mentoring Field Sales Executives
- Experience scaling a sales organization
- Experience positioning and selling professional services and training as a component of an overall software sales strategy
- A Closer - consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Drive to expand client base and close sales
- Solution and Value Based Selling Experience
- Domain Experience with Open Source Software, Application Development sales and tools, Cloud based solutions
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written, team player
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful, "get it done” attitude
- Must be willing to travel within region to support sales relationships
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA a plus.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.