Docker Customer Content Services (CCS) Team is looking for Technical Instructional Designers or Technical Curriculum Developers who can independently build and manage courses for Docker Windows users.
Docker Customer Content Services is a broad and comprehensive team within the Customer Success organization. As a Technical Curriculum Developer on that team, your primary focus is to empower our customers to be successful in adopting our products by creating highly effective and inspirational training experiences. This is an opportunity to deepen your technical, instructional design, and content development skills.
You’ll be responsible for “porting” the core curriculum targeted for the IT Operations and Developer audiences using the Windows platform and keeping pace with requirements from the product, customers, and partners ensure all current training course content is up-to-date.
You will work with a highly technical team that collaborates daily on activities but is expected to execute independently on your assigned duties.
Key Impact of this Role
- Docker’s core curriculum is highly relevant and effective for Windows administrators and developers.
- Docker’s Windows-focused curriculum is consistently updated to reflect changes in Docker products, the Windows platform, and industry trends.
- Work closely with stakeholders teams to understand training content needs and build technically accurate content that meets the learning objectives of new and existing users.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify and research the requirements of role-based curriculums.
- Identify gaps in existing course offerings and propose solutions.
- Design and develop new courses, workshops, and other teaching resources.
- Launch new content and programs, as required
- Take a hands-on approach to learning the Docker platform and various use cases.
- Apply instructional design techniques, best practices, and adult learning theory in designing self-paced courses.
- Roll-up your sleeves to drive projects to completion in an environment with competing deadlines
- Contribute to Docker forums and community.
- Measure impact, gather key success metrics and report on findings and trends.
- Comfortable with the command line.
- Proficient with CSS/HTML/Markdown, scripting and Git/GitHub for version control.
- Well-versed with Docker fundamentals.
- Experience with designing self-paced learning experiences—tutorials, Google-style code labs, exercises, assessments, and other methods of learning including multimedia-based assets.
- Prior experience developing highly technical courseware. An ideal candidate should be able to easily to translate highly complex technical concepts into easily accessible language.
- Familiarity with software application development or IT operations and enterprise container platform solutions.
- Experience in optimizing training content experience, both written and visual, that serves to help users understand Docker more effectively.
- Creative problem solver, customer advocate, a self-starter, and relationship builder.
- Highly organized with an aptitude to find innovative solutions to learning challenges.
- Strong sense of empathy for and ownership of the learner experience
- Passion for Technology and how Software is built, shipped, and run
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Instructional Design, Technical Communications or a related discipline.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus
- 4+ years working in a fast-paced technical environment. Prior startup experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of Windows Server systems administration or software development on Windows
- 4+ years of experience in designing technical coursewares, including creating self-learning solutions.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customersincluding ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.