Docker’s Support team is on a mission to delight the million of developers and system administrators that rely on Docker to build, ship, and run their distributed applications. Our customer base spans from individuals to SMBs to large global enterprises. As Docker continues to experience hyper growth, the Docker Support team is setting our sights to find creative ways to scale efficiency while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class technical support for Docker technologies. These technologies include Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, Universal Control Plane, and Docker Swarm. You are a friendly, polished communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Become an expert in Docker technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content and proactively perform audits for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Partner cross-functionally with product and solution experts to co-develop reference architecture content
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Engage with the engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Docker users
- Identify and recommend process improvements to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system
- Have fun!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years technical support experience at a high-growth SaaS technology company
- Extensive experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
- Experience troubleshooting Network issues (bare metal, virtual, cloud)
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with DevOps software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
- Experience and dedication to creating Knowledge articles
- Customer Service focused engineer
- Docker Certified Associate
- Kubernetes Certified Administrator
- Notary/PKI experience
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.