The Developer Solutions group within Docker is responsible for all our developer-focused products. We develop the extremely popular Docker for Mac and Docker for Windows products, docker compose and docker build, as well as working on the next generation of developer tools. We are now looking for an additional developer to join our group in Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity to work on software for developers like you.
We use a wide variety of skills and technologies within our group. Between us, we work on Mac, Windows and Linux; we program in Go, Swift and C#; and we work across the stack from the lowest levels right up to the UI. Depending on your interests and skills, you will have the opportunity to work in several of these areas, and to expand into those you would like to learn.
As a member of the group you will help develop new versions of our software. You will be responsible for developments on a wide varieties of developer oriented tools, in order to deliver a compelling experience for our users. You should be passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and about Docker’s part in that.
Docker is not currently sponsoring visas for this role. Please only apply if you have current and valid right-to-work status in the UK.
- Develop our new products
- Enhance and maintain our existing products
- Contribute to release engineering
- Interact with other teams within Docker, as well as with upstream communities and our users
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years as a software engineer
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and languages, and to switch between them as necessary
- Equally comfortable starting a new product from scratch and working to maintain and enhance existing code
- Always using good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers, with User Experience experts, and with Product Management
- Ability to interact with upstream communities and with our customers in a way that brings credit to Docker
The following are not required, but if you do have them, let us know:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience programming in Go
- Experience with developing Windows applications
- Knowledge of enterprise Developer and DevOps workflows
- Operating systems knowledge, especially in the areas of infrastructure and networking
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with code signing, build management tools, and package systems
- Experience with git
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.