Docker is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This role will play an integral part in our accounting close, finance operations, and GL operations. You must have the ability to think high level about processes and procedures but not be afraid to roll up your sleeves. You will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and control flows, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements. This role has high visibility to senior management and has high growth potential as we continue to scale.
- Integral part of the monthly close process, ensure compliance with monthly close calendar.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, GL consolidation, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in in the preparation of monthly close package, analysis, and financials
- Assist in drafting year-end financials, footnotes and other schedules.
- Document procedures and processes for your areas
- Interact with other departments on areas like accruals, capitalized software, fixed assets, and more
- Provide supporting documents and assistance for the annual financial statement audit.
- Pro-actively seek out process improvements; continuously make recommendations for improvement and implement agreed upon changes.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- Minimum 4+ years of experience, mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Experience with excel required
- Excellent problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- Positive attitude, independent, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to handle multiple priorities within deadlines
- Ability to collaborate within the team as well as cross-functionally among departments
- Passion for Docker and the technology industry
- English proficiency preferred
About Docker Applications
Nearly 1.4 million developers use Docker Desktop every single day because it is the simplest and easiest way for container-based development. We also recently announced Docker Desktop Enterprise - a new desktop offering that is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to create and deliver production-ready containerized applications. In addition to these products, Docker is working on new technology and solutions to help enterprise developers build and ship cloud-native applications and we’re looking for a Product Marketing leader to help launch these new products and solutions.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.