At Docker, we think that containers and our ecosystem of services and products are the future, and will soon become ubiquitous.
The main goal for our Distribution Services team is to bring our vast developer user base and our ecosystem partners together by creating a platform marketplace based on Docker. As part of the team, you have the unique opportunity to create and own services that will directly impact millions of end users and the Global 10000.
If you think like an owner, enjoy building and maintaining scalable systems, and want to influence Docker’s product roadmap, you’re in the right place!
We are open to candidates for one of our four U.S. locations: Seattle, Indianapolis, Raleigh, San Francisco.
- Scale the world’s largest container registry, and push the envelope on container security
- Be a key player in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end user experience, take ownership and responsibility over new projects, and turn those ideas into a reality
- Create a scalable self-service system for ISVs to publish, and distribute trusted and enterprise-ready content
- Push the envelope in owning a sticky platform for all containerized content and contribute to Docker’s Enterprise presence (and success!)
- Provide enterprise users with compliant, commercially supported software from trusted and verified publishers, that is packaged as Docker images
- 5+ years experience working in the enterprise software industry
- B.S. Computer Science degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Solid API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Direct experience developing applications at web scale
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (ex. Python, Go, Java, Scala, C)
- Comfortable with test-driven development (TDD) and generally owns quality of code all the way to production
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.