We are looking for a seasoned engineer that has expertise in using and writing Windows based tools. As a tools engineer (windows specialist), you will help create value for our Global 10000 enterprise customers via our MTA program.
- Enhance in-house tooling to migrate applications from an on-prem Windows environment to containerized Windows platform.
- Work closely with a cross functional team including Engineers, Solution Architects, and Sales to create and update test frameworks to verify that the tool works as expected.
- Work with strategic customers during their modernization journey and ensure a high quality customer experience.
- 5+ years experience working on engineering tools for enterprise software developers.
- 3+ years experience working on tools or systems specific to Windows Operating Systems. Experience with older Windows OSes (2003/2008) is a big plus.
- Expertise in ASP.NET and other variants, IIS and other variants, familiarity with storage, networking, and authentication components in windows based OSes (Network mapped drives, WMI remoting, AD are some examples).
- Strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills including use of tools to analyze product logs and support dumps.
- Experience working with both open source and proprietary tools in at least two languages (examples : C# OR python OR Golang OR Java).
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.