Our sales and marketing team is seeking a Market Development Representative to support the sale of Docker's solutions. The lead development team is a customer-focused, teleprospecting department that interacts with our end-user customers and partners to effectively qualify and route leads to the sales department. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional communication skills and experience with lead generation, nurturing or presales.
The role is located in our Central London Office and will be a 6 month contract to permanent hire.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Outbound calling to nurture, develop and qualify marketing leads
- Return voicemails and respond to email to assess customers' needs
- Manage incoming calls
- Provide accurate information and route leads from all sources to the appropriate team - sales, technical support, or customer service
- Participate in marketing calls
- Provide feedback on the quality of marketing-generated leads
- Ensure that lead generation is in alignment with marketing and sales objectives
- Each team member is expected to have an average of 50 activities per day
- Pre-sales or lead generation/qualification experience
- Experience with outbound calling in a business environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding phone and verbal communication skills
- Overachieve against metrics
- Engage managers at any level
- Strong and persistent probing skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.