Docker is looking for an experienced Product Marketing professional to join the Marketing team. This position will lead the core product marketing functions like messaging, positioning, enablement, and Go-to-Market strategy development for Docker’s enterprise application development solutions. From helping shape the strategy to partnering with cross-functional teams for successful execution, this role is critical in driving revenue across enterprise developers and technology decision-makers.
This position is ideally based in Raleigh, NC but other east coast locations are possible.
- Define and lead the Go-to-Market strategy for Docker’s developer-oriented solutions through collaboration with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, sales, customer success, demand generation, alliances and channel partners.
- Analyze and identify the right pricing and packaging strategy for developer solutions.
- Develop positioning, content, and messaging that resonates with developers and technology leaders and communicates the value of the Docker portfolio.
- Deliver successful product launches with the appropriate content, collateral, and programs to grow awareness, educate the market and drive successful end-user engagements.
- Perform competitive analysis, stay up-to-date on industry trends and be the business owner and in-house expert for your solution area.
- Collaborate with sales to understand the product and solutions sales cycle, motion and barriers to continuously improve and accelerate the sales cycle
- Support customer visits, industry and partner events.
- Evangelize Docker enterprise developer products and customer adoption.
- 7+ years of experience in product or technical marketing or product management with a focus on developer tools and solutions
- Strong business acumen and ability to distill input from many different perspectives to formulate a clear strategy and plan
- Technical understanding of enterprise applications and developer processes with the ability to translate technical requirements into business value proposition and benefits
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with public speaking experience
- Self-starter, thoughtful, curious, resourceful and collaborative
- English proficiency preferred
About Docker Applications
Nearly 1.4 million developers use Docker Desktop every single day because it is the simplest and easiest way for container-based development. We also recently announced Docker Desktop Enterprise - a new desktop offering that is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to create and deliver production-ready containerized applications. In addition to these products, Docker is working on new technology and solutions to help enterprise developers build and ship cloud-native applications and we’re looking for a Product Marketing leader to help launch these new products and solutions.
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.