We are seeking a talented technology-savvy Content Writer to join our growing Marketing & Communications team. The content writer will plan, write and edit various types of marketing collateral by taking strategic and technical information and creating clear and compelling copy. The content writer will research and write original copy and/or edit copy for a wide range of marketing material including web content, blogs, campaign messaging, eBooks, thought leadership pieces, video scripts, and more. The content writer will be responsible for ensuring the voice and tone aligns to the Docker brand.
The content writer will:
- Develop, edit and deliver strategic holistic content that aligns with messaging and brand
- Collaborate closely and effectively with designers, other marketing teams, and internal stakeholders to drive authentic, consistent, and compelling messaging and customer-centric content across multiple channels
- Condense very technical and significant amounts of messaging into succinct communications
- Create, edit and maintain editorial style guide
- Analyze existing content and identify ways to improve impact and optimize effectiveness
- Own and develop the voice, tone and personality of the brand.
- Oversee copy across all touch points including website, social, blog, presentations, campaigns, emails and corporate collateral
- 5+ years of experience as a content writer, copywriter, marketing writer, or journalist
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven blend of editorial and storytelling skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SE
- Bachelor’s or higher in communications, marketing, journalism, or English
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Plus if candidate has experience with HTML or Adobe Creative Suite
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.