Docker, the world's leading software container platform, is seeking a top-notch Account Executive to be a key contributor to the Inside Sales Team to help contribute to Docker’s long-term growth. If you want to sell a technology that everyone is talking about, that delivers unique value, and want to provide solutions that transform how your customers delivers value, then Docker is the place for you.
This person will be joining the Docker team in our San Francisco, CA office.
In this role, you'll be responsible for uncovering new sales opportunities within an assigned territory. You will identify, nurture, and close opportunities with new and existing customers, manage pipeline and forecasts, and sell Docker solutions to our enterprise customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Docker team and external partners to identify and create solutions for our customers.
As an Account Executive at Docker, you will develop expert knowledge and proficiency in our offerings and be a subject matter expert in one of the most important technologies in our industry today. Docker is a place where self starters, team players, and growth oriented sales hunters come to build their careers!
- Manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to close regarding Docker’s Enterprise Subscriptions, Integration Services, and Training Services
- Fully understand and convey Docker’s value proposition as well as understand the Docker ecosystem
- Sell to net new customers as well as upsell and manage renewals with existing customers
- Provide continual cross-departmental input in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Properly document and track all prospect and customer information in Salesforce.com
- Provide weekly sales forecasts to leadership team
- Meet assigned sales quotas, both individually and as a team
- 3+ years of technology sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven attainment
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Familiarity with open source industry principles is preferred
- Experience working with and managing channel partners is a plus
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Application development sales experience (experience with App Dev Lifecycle, Application Integration, testing, monitoring, or platform offerings) preferred
- Experience with Linux and virtualization solutions is a plus
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.