Docker is looking for an inspirational product leader to lead how developers and sysadmins leverage Docker Hub to discover new applications and create modern software development workflows for themselves and their teams. As the Vice President of Product Management, Docker Hub, you will drive product strategy, lead multiple functions across the company toward a common goal, recruit and development a great team, and scale our go-to-market execution.
Jump on the Whale!
We’re rapidly growing Docker’s product lines, ecosystem, and team to tackle some of the biggest challenges in computing today – your impact will help organizations enable millions of developers around the world ship code faster and more reliably. At Docker, you and your team will define, build, and bring to market the next generation of software and services developers will use to change the world. If you have the skills for the next level but haven't been noticed in your current environment, we're ready to take a chance on you.
- Define and prioritize the target market segments, influencers and buyers, and customer value proposition.
- Own driving the product strategy, product definition, and product roadmap.
- Aggressively seek internal and external feedback to rapidly iterate on early prototypes.
- Cultivate ecosystem partners to deliver “whole product” experience for customers.
- Work cross-functionally to establish the GTM strategy and pricing and packaging.
- Lead alignment of all the resources necessary to ensure the success of Docker Hub.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Product management experience identifying, defining, and shipping software that delights developers.
- Proven success of thriving in a fast-growth startup environment characterized by lack of resources, imperfect information, quickly-changing user markets and competitive landscape, and limited structure and guidance.
- Demonstrated success at identifying opportunities, defining products, and starting businesses in early technology markets based on sparse, noisy data from a handful of early adopter customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other functional leaders, including product design, engineering, sales, marketing, and business development.
- Must be able to balance listening and talking.
- Experienced leading geographically-distributed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly and continuously iterate and learn.
- Ability to recruit, develop, and retain outstanding talent and lead a high-impact team of product managers.
- English proficiency preferred
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.