The Professional Services (PS) Regional Delivery Manager within Customer Success has the opportunity to change the world of software development for one of the fastest growing application platforms in the industry.
You will apply your customer facing leadership, management, and operational experience to manage a portfolio of customer engagements which enable successful adoption of the Docker platform within our top enterprise customers and partners. You will be a key leader within the Professional Services team and work collaboratively with our Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations and will serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker.
You have extensive experience in forecxasting, change management and operational excellence for PS teams. You have a deep understanding of reporting and metrics as well as capacity planning and utilization targets. You will have Project/Program Management experience with an ability to handle multiple work streams and be deeply comfortable with client issues and resolutions.
We are open to candidates located in UK or France
Candidates must have current and valid right to work status in Europe
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Docker Professional Services projects are being completed to a high standard - ensuring customers are successful with the Docker Enterprise platform
- The professional services regional operational metrics are tracked and goals achieved (bookings, revenue, utilization, customer satisfaction)
- Hire, on-board and develop a team of world-class project management and project coordinator resources
- Engage with customers to schedule, kick-off, oversee, and close PS engagements
- Accountable for the hiring, growing and retaining project management and project coordinator resources wholly focused on our customers' success
- Identify, manage, and oversee an “extended bench” of contractor resources capable delivering Docker PS projects
- Ensure resources (direct employees and contractors) are properly staffed on projects to ensure success.
- Responsible for the non-technical quality of all projects and leading project related customer escalations
- Assist with Professional Services scoping activity with prospective customers and contribute to proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans
- Provide direct management, mentoring, and support to the delivery resources to ensure their continued technical, professional, and career growth
- Assist with the oversight and accountability for the regional professional services billings/revenue, customer satisfaction, and resources utilization
- Ensure adherence to and improve our repeatable implementation methodology to rapidly enable customers to adopt the Docker platform at scale
- Utilize project / time tracking solution (NetSuite) to manage a portfolio of concurrent projects
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking)
- Help propagate skills and experience through development of repeatable assets (methodologies, blueprints, tools, white papers, knowledge articles etc.)
- Facilitate technical field feedback within your team to mature service portfolio, establish best-practices and improve product capability
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing project and program management post-sales experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- 2+ years of in a professional services or system integration management role
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Project Management certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2
- NetSuite administrator certification or experience
- COM experience
- Experience and certification with Agile/Scrum based delivery methodologies
- Experience with the virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc)
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.