Docker is the world’s leading software container platform, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in.
Our rapidly-growing Professional Services (PS) team is looking for a seasoned Senior Project Manager to own and drive a portfolio of customer engagements that enable successful adoption of the Docker platform at our top enterprise customers. In this role you’ll provide project leadership and guidance to the project delivery team, work collaboratively with the customer and other members of our Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, Product Management organizations, and serve as an advocate for our customers within Docker.
You’ll bring extensive experience in project, program and portfolio management and leadership on customer-facing engagements. You’ll be comfortable handling multiple work streams, resolving issues calmly and effectively and communicating confidently with C-Suite executives.
And you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing industry leader.
We are open to candidates anywhere in the US with some preference for San Francisco or Raleigh.
Travel - approximately 40% on average
Key Outcomes of this Role:
- Successful Project Delivery - projects are being completed to a high standard based on scope, schedule and outcomes defined in the Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Successful Customer Enablement - customers are enabled on the Docker products/platform and set up for long-term success as defined by the SOW
- Successful Team Engagement - customers, project team members and other key stakeholders are satisfied with the level of communications and involvement in the project
- Successful Financial Management - forecasting, tracking and reporting are effectively provided in a timely manner
- Positive Customer Feedback - customers describe an overall positive project experience and outcomes despite technical and other obstacles
- Valuable Team Contributions - PS process improvements, artifacts and lessons learned are described or recommended to the team to enhance overall team effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead multiple concurrent consulting/delivery engagements that range in complexity and size up to $2million and drive them to swift and successful completion
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customers and colleagues
- Leverage PM skills and experience to quickly engage with customers, provide leadership throughout the project lifecycle and properly administer/manage the project
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the project – schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Carefully manage risks and issues to avoid and quickly remove blockers
- Ensure adherence to our methodology, processes and procedures and provide input and feedback to improve delivery quality and speed
- Work with Account Teams and colleagues in Customer Success to identify additional opportunities to grow the customer footprint and enhance their success on the Docker platform
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced delivery resources to improve their and the organization’s capabilities and performance
- Facilitate technical feedback from the field to your team and other parts of the company to mature service portfolio, establish best-practices and improve product capability
- 8+ years of consultative customer-facing project/program/portfolio management experience in a professional services organization
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including both internal and customer resources
- Demonstrated ability to own and drive projects to successful completion
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Project Management certifications such as PMP or PRINCE2
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum based delivery methodologies in addition to traditional/waterfall methodologies
- Experience leading IT infrastructure and/or application migration projects
- Experience with virtualization and cloud services (VMWare, Azure, AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean etc)
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Ability to travel about 40% on average
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today’s organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures. Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker’s container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.